St. Patrick's Day Dublin Style Lobster with Whiskey & Cream
1 fresh lobster
4 tablespoons Irish whiskey
150 ml double cream
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon mustard
- Cut the lobster in two down the centre.
- Remove all the meat, including the claws, retain the shell for serving.
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Heat the butter until foaming and quickly sauté the lobster chunks in it, until just cooked but not coloured.
- Warm the whiskey slightly, pour over the lobster and CAREFULLY set fire to it.
- Once the flames have died down, add the cream, lemon juice, mustard and mix with the pan juices, and taste for seasoning, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Put back into the half shells and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve hot with fresh lemon wedges, steamed baby potatoes and a fresh mixed salad.